"The Best of the Best"
We care about our customers, and we care about what our customers need to achieve on their farms. We're proud to present the members of our team to serve our customers across North America.
- General Manager Reto Ammann RETO AMMANN | Born and raised in Switzerland, Reto spent most of his free time on farms and his dad’s equipment workshop for Farm Equipment Technician training. He got his licences as Heavy Equipment Technician in Switzerland and then continued his education by earning a diploma in Engineering as Machine Design Engineer (FH). Reto worked for several years as designer and project manager at an equipment manufacturing company in Switzerland before a new adventure in his life called him to Canada and the US to lead the Siloking Canada team. PASSION: Any machine that moves on wheels or tracks.
- Sales Representative Karl Terpstra KARL TERPSTRA | Karl grew up on his family’s cash crop farm in Southwestern Ontario. His passion for farming grew even bigger as he majored in Livestock at Ridgetown College of Agriculture Technology. Beside serving customers at Siloking, he keeps taking care of his own farm at home and still feeds his beef cattle daily. Karl is one of the reps that actually know what they are talking about when it comes to feeding and the efficiency needed for today's farmers. PASSION: Everything that eats at least one load of a proper mixed TMR ration a day!
- Service Technician Steve Veraart STEVE VERAART | Steve grew up on a dairy farm in South Eastern Ontario and has 10 years of manufacturing experience of TMR mixers. He's the right man if a creative and fast solution is needed. His main focus on the Siloking team is generally hydraulics and electrical systems. But if the situation calls for it, he's not afraid to grab the welder and grinder to get the job done right. PASSION: Everything that needs some fixin’!
- Tech Support | Service | Parts Peter Wattel PETER WATTEL | Born in Holland, Peter moved to Canada with his family at the age of 14. His farm background and over 25 years of experience in the feed mixer industry makes him a valuable asset to the daily operations of the Siloking team. Peter is always up for helping customers optimize their feed equipment and feeding process. He sees technical problems as opportunities to serve the customer and not as an obstacle. PASSION: Everything that is hydraulically or electrically driven.
- Service | Parts William Noorloos WILLIAM NOORLOOS | William grew up on his family’s beef cattle and cash crop farm in South Eastern Ontario. Thus, he learned at early stage in life what it means to start the day early and finish up work late at night. Beside serving our Customers with Spare Parts, he is also in training as Motive Power Diesel Technician. This extension of his skills gives him the right tools to provide even better service to our customers in the future! PASSION: Everything that runs on diesel or gas.
- Official Mascot Joa von Siloking JOA VON SILOKING | The Official Mascot of the Siloking Team. Joa is normally first to greet you at the door and is very happy to see our customers. (*Especially those that know he'll do special tricks for banana treats.) PASSION: Chasing squirrels and snacking on banana treats. PASSION: Chasing squirrels and snacking on banana treats.